As usual a very good morning, happy to be alive and kicking and rearing to go forth to serve my fellow brothers and sisters.
– With the first day of RMCO in place, have just submitted my application to Police to run around. Pending. Meanwhile, am at home clearing backlog of YSJB’s administration work.
– Received a call from MasLee, they are giving us Malta drinks for our Hindu friends to celebrate Deepavali.
Also MasLee is also giving us 60 cartons Mamee instant noodles for our impending Covid-19 mission to Semporna, Sabah.
– Quick run to Taman Gaya to collect 1 carton masks(40 boxes x 50 pcs) & new children’s T-shirt.
– To NSK, Ulu Tiram to pick up dry food provisions for 2 families, RM238.90, in dire straits with literally nothing left in the house.
– Hurray, received RM1k all the way from Taiwan!
10/11/2020. – Rushed to Kluang, Johor to attend wake of a supporter, was told at 6.50 am same day and rushed there just in time. What are friends for!
– Received this interesting read from one of my supporter.
ANGER IS INSIDE ME.
“A monk decides to meditate alone. Away from his monastery, he takes a boat and goes to the middle of the lake, closes his eyes and begins to meditate.
After a few hours of unperturbed silence, he suddenly feels the blow of another boat hitting his. With his eyes still closed, he feels his anger rising and, when he opens his eyes, he is ready to shout at the boatman who dared to disturb his meditation.
But when he opened his eyes, he saw that it was an empty boat, not tied up, floating in the middle of the lake …
At that moment, the monk achieves self-realization and understands that anger is within him; it simply needs to hit an external object to provoke it.
After that, whenever he meets someone who irritates or provokes his anger, he remembers; the other person is just an empty boat.
Anger is inside me.”
11/11/2020. – Off to Ulu Tiram to give 5 packets of ‘L size pants’ pampers(50 pcs) to a lady on dialysis and whose leg leg has been amputated. Both husband(accident) & wife on wheelchairs. Only daughter (not working) is at home looking after her parents.
– To Sherun Old Folk Home & Handicap Centre (HQ)
5,7, 9, Jalan Silat Sinding 9, Bandar Selesa Jaya, 81200 Skudai, Johor, 60 inhabitants each paying RM700 monthly, clean, gave them 40 x 1 kg Promac milk and biscuits.
– Quick dash to Taman Tun Aminah, the man is on 1st stage lymphedema cancer, not working since Mar 2020(MCO), wife not working, 2 kids(4 years and 7 months respectively), renting flat @RM500 monthly, gave some preloved clothings, 4 x 1 kg Promac milk, biscuits and RM200 cash, will buy some dry food provisions during our next visit in a few days time.
– To KLINIK LALITHA RAJ
DATARAN LARKIN, JB to collect 2 boxes of DUGRO milk(1 to 6 years old), these will be good for babies as many are on ‘condensed milk’, mothers are too poor to even get food on table for families, let alone feed their babies with formula milk. These are real situations on the ground and we see these daily.
– Quick run to Horizon Hills to pay our monthly ambulance bills, we provide ambulance service to our clients and people who couldn’t afford, Oct’s bill was RM1.5k, more expensive now with extra charges of RM100 for PPE(Personal Protective Equipment) for each trip due to Covid-19, good service and good rates from Asia Medavac.
12/11/2020. – To our chartered accounts office(SE Lai CK) @ Taman Majidee to submit documents for Oct.
– Quick run to MK ElderCare Home in Kg Melayu Majidee where paralysed girl, Har Li Jun, is staying, check on her pgrogres and pay Oct’s bill amounting to RM4,134.90 – she is doing well with 8-monthly in-house physiotherapy sessions, each costing RM150 per session by trained physiotherapist.
– To ‘Again & Again'(preloved shop at JB) to take mask frames to give to our supporters/donors and clients.
– As we are posting our YSJB’s income tax exemption receipts to our donors, we received info from them saying the stamps we placed on the envelopes were insufficient in value, our apologies and will check.
– Sent 4 used wheelchairs to iKasih in Nusa Bistari for refurbishment and subsequent use by others who need them, thanks for helping out.
– Sent mask frames to Klinik LALITHA RAJ, Larkin.
– Quick dash to Bakar Batu to pass preloved clothings, Promac milk, biscuits, kitchenware, etc to a woman with 6 children, husband in jail due to drugs.
– 2 coffee shops with our donation boxes have closed shop in Permas Jaya, a sign that things are getting bad due to Covid-19 pandemic.
– One last dash to Taman Perling to take preloved kitchenware, clothings, etc.
13/11/2020. – Early morning run to Kulai from Johor Jaya with 9 tins Ensure milk, 6 x 1 kg Promac milk, biscuits to a paralysed man, met with a car accident 8 years ago, on tube feeding, he will be on our Ensure milk list monthly(40 tins Ensure @ RM 85 a tin).
– Urgent case, quick run to Villa Crystal apartment in Selesa Jaya, JB, lady on dialysis has no money to pay, 2 times missed her dialysis as she has no money, it’s a life & death situation, gave her RM500 cash and will look at alternatives how to help her.
– While awaiting approval to Semporna, Sabah to help out in relief work, received info from hospital there that they need chairs, cabinets, furniture, water and instant coffee, will see how we can help from here.
14/11/2020. – It’s Deepavali, happy Deepavali wishes to all our Hindus brothers & Sisters!
– To Giant, Plentong to source for ‘value for money’ adult pampers, we need 25 boxes monthly for our clients.
For info, we spent a lot of our time sourcing for ‘best value’ as the money comes from all of you, we are just the custodian, we are responsible and we are accountable for the money at our hands, a heavy responsibility indeed.
– To Econsave, Plentong to buy dry food provisions for the man with 1st stage cancer in Tun Aminah mentioned previously, he is in dire straits, with no ability to work due to his cancer treatment, wife not working and with 2 kids, having a rental of RM 500 to pay monthly.
No ending to the people we are helping.
We can only help those who crosses our path like the story of a small boy trying to save all the starfish washed ashore.
15/11/2020. It’s Sunday, a day of rest for many but not for social activist. We serve our clients according to their needs and their welfare comes first before self. OBS = Others Before Self.
To serve with love & humility – the core mark of Yayasan Suria JB.
Off to Taman Tun Aminah with dry food provsions(rice, cooking oil, sugar, salt, instant noodles, mee hoon, cabbage, sardine, etc), about RM168. 50 – the gratefulness and happiness on the faces of recipients make our day!
– As stated many times before, our money are from donors and we take the trouble to stretch our money to the maximum, spending lots of time sourcing for the best deal. This time around, we managed to get Ninso baby wipes(80 pcs) for only RM2.10 – ‘sapu'(cleared)all of them, 3 cartons x 36 packets. Normal price of standard baby wipes is around RM8. 00 – what a savings!
This will be a standard gift for our clients on diapers.
This time off to MK ElderCare Home in Kg Melayu Majidee where paralysed girl, Har Li Jun, is staying to give her the baby wipes.
Still awaiting news about my impending trip to Semporna, Sabah to help out in relief work, flight availability, a lot of requirements to meet before getting approval as the area is a hotbed of Covid-19.
Thank you & God bless.